- Star Trek Online launches too early. I know I’m going to be disappointed here.
- Cryptic Studios announces another title in development. Seriously, work with the ones you’ve got for 12 months.
- The “Barbarella” remake happens. Dear me, but I HATE that movie so much.
- “Iron Man 2” isn’t as good as the first one. It looks good, but it also appears to suffer from trying to jam too many extra characters in.
- George Lucas continues to remake Star Wars in his own image. Someone should be doing more Star Wars material… just not Lucas.
- The success of “Avatar” sees a host of 3D sci-fi films packed full of CGI but lacking in any substance released. I’m guessing I’ll be disappointed here too.
- “X-Men: First Class” comes out. Seriously, do we really need to reboot the X-Men movies after only 10 years?
- Marvel and DC continue their fight to see who can have the longest, most drawn out event that has the least lasting impact on their actual comic universe. Whoever wins, we lose.